Wednesday 5 June 2024

Wishlist Wednesdays-holiday home

I thought on Wednesdays where I have no wins to share with you I'd instead write a little piece about something I'd get if money was no object!

I've always loved the idea of having a holiday home somewhere, but over the last few years I've learnt that holiday homes are bad for lots of places. They take homes away from locals who need to live there and also drives up the prices to where they can't afford it, and can tank local economies as people aren't around all year to use the local businesses.

Because of that, I'd instead want one of those static caravans that are specifically for holidays!

A green one if possible 💚 Photo from morris leisure
 

Now I know that these things are not good investments, you can only stay in them for a certain amount of months a year, and unless you rent it out constantly it's a drain on your money due to hidden costs like site fees and ground rent...however, if money was no object and I could more than afford all those fees, I'd still 100% want to get one.

The reason? I like the idea of having a little home away from home that's decorated to our liking, has lots of fun things to do near by, and we don't have to worry about trying to book a hotel somewhere last minute.

It would also mean that if my parents or my partner's family wanted to have a relaxing holiday they could stay there as well without having to worry about finding somewhere to stay, and save their money for fun activities instead. It would also be a great place for family holidays and for things like birthdays too!

Now where would I get one? There's so many places around the UK I'd want one, from Cornwall and Devon, to Wales, the Isle of Wight and more, so I guess I'll wait until I win the lottery and decide then 😄

Would you own one of these if you could, or do you think they're a waste of money no matter what? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good luck charm-pie

So last week's charm was a disaster, and I ended up winning nothing on the National Lottery. The previous charm , which I had for a whi...