Wednesday 29 May 2024

A day out by the sea at Hayling Island

On bank holiday Monday my partner and I decided to head to Hayling Island for an afteroon of fun by the sea.

The beach and sea at Hayling island

 The weather wasn't the best at first

Grey clouds over Hayling Island

but after a bit of rain the weather cleared up, which made it perfect for a wander by the beach.

Naturally a seaside visit also meant arcade fun, and with a pocket full of change each we headed to the games.

Beachland amusements at Hayling Island

I usually like playing a mix of ticket and gambling machines, but we weren't going to be there long enough for me to win enough tickets for anything substantial, so ending up sticking to the gamblers instead.

A photo of a gambling machine

 
A photo of a gambling machine

A photo of a gambling machine

I did however also play on a couple claw machines, and my partner played on one of the pinball machines.

Twilight Zone pinball machine

We spent around £5 each on the gamblers and between us we won a grand total of £1.80, so at least we managed to win some of the money back 😄

They had a mix of old and new buttons gamblers, but as I wrote on my X/Twitter account on Monday, I always prefer the older games to the newer ones as I feel you can have fun with just a pound on the older ones, while the newer ones are so complicated and have so many things that they can do, you need at least a fiver to see any of it! Maybe sometime I'll pick one, pop in a fiver as see if I can figure out how to play it 🤔

Overall though we had a lovely day by the sea, had a good time in the arcades, and ended the day with some locally made ice cream.

A photo of Northney coconut ice cream
I went for coconut and it was delicious 🍦

Cows at Northney
So local we could see the cows the milk came from!

Let me know what you got up to over the bank holiday, and how the weather treated you 💚

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good luck charm-pie

So last week's charm was a disaster, and I ended up winning nothing on the National Lottery. The previous charm , which I had for a whi...